Quote of the Day: “What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives?” E. M. Forster
CHALLENGE: Watch the sunrise or sunset
- Beginner: Spend 5 to 10 minutes watching either the sunrise or sunset
- Intermediate: Spend 5 to 10 minutes watching both the sunrise and sunset
- Advanced: Go for a 30 minute walk and while walking watch both the sunrise and sunset
- Extreme: Do a 30 minute workout and watch both the sunrise and sunset while working out.
Why do This? Observing nature’s beauty improves mood and well-being. Getting an early start on your day improves productivity.
Tips and tricks for Success:
- Set your alarm and get up early enough so that you are ready to watch the sunrise approx. 20 minutes before it has fully risen
- To make yourself more accountable plan to meet someone to watch the sunrise or sunset
What I have learned watching the sunrise and sunset:
Watching the sunrise is usually a part of my daily routine. I try to plan eating breakfast, walk the dog, or exercise while the sun is coming up. It is a time for me to reflect and to peacefully watch nature work her magic. I am often filled with a sense of wonder and awe as I watch each unique sunrise and sunset.