Quote of the Day: “It is not balance you need but adaptability”- Erwin Raphael McManus
Question of the Day: If you think life is hard, what are you comparing it to?
CHALLENGE: Try periodic Fasting (but still drink water). If you have concerns, then please consult your doctor.
- Beginner: Don’t eat dinner tomorrow
- Intermediate: Don’t eat breakfast or dinner tomorrow
- Advanced: Fast for 24 hours drinking water only
- Extreme: Fast for 36 hours drinking water only
Why do This? Intermittent fasting is known to have the following benefits: boosts weight loss, increases energy, lowers bad cholesterol, reduces insulin resistance, and promotes cellular repair. There is also a new appreciation one feels towards food after experiencing a fast.
Tips and tricks for Success:
- When hungry imagine all of those who experience hunger everyday.
- Be grateful that you will likely be able to eat after your fast is over. Many people in this world are always hungry
What I have learned about fasting
I did not do my first 24 hr fast until I was 40 years old. Of all the uncomfortable challenges this was one of those I was most nervous about. It turned out to be much easier than I had anticipated. I still love to fast as it gives me a feeling of deep gratitude for having access to food and compassion for those who don’t. Fasting has also made me more mindful to reduce my food waste and more disciplined when it comes to eating healthier.