Quote of the Day: One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. -Maya Angelou
Question of the Day: What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
CHALLENGE: Quit bad habits that you frequently do
- Beginner: Quit one thing for at least 90 days
- Intermediate: Quit two things for at least 90 days
- Advanced: Quit three things for at least 90 days
- Extreme: Quit four things for at least 90 days
Why do This?
- Bad habits by nature negatively impact your life, some to a greater extent than others
- Giving up bad habits empowers you and trains your brain to know that you have the power conquer your bad habits
Tips and tricks for Success:
- Pick things that are achievable
- Make sure you have a strong reason “why” to quit. It your reason isn’t strong enough then you will likely not succeed.
What I have learned about quitting habits that negatively impact my life:
For me, the most important part of quitting negative habits is coming up with a strong reason “why”. I usually spent time contemplating why I want to make a change and then make sure that this change is aligned with my values. This process helps me to be resolute during those times of temptation and gives me a higher chance of success. For me quitting bad habits is never easy but always so rewarding.