Quote of the Day: “The Way To Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney
CHALLENGE: Take a cold shower or bath or swim
- Beginner: 30 seconds or more in the cold water.
- Intermediate: 3 minutes or more in the cold water.
- Advanced: 5 minutes or more in the cold water.
- Extreme: 10 minutes or more in the cold water.
Why do This? Taking a cold shower improves circulation, can relieve depression, keeps skin and hair healthy, and strengthens immunity. It makes you feel fully alive and is also is a great way to wake up and start your day energized.
Tips and tricks for Success:
- Listen to music and focus on your breathing
- Be patient. The first 30 to 60 seconds are the most challenging. After that your body adjusts to the cold water
- Some may want to start with the warm shower then transition to the cold.
- Don’t fight the cold, just accept it for what it is
What I have learned from the cold:
I have been practicing cold exposure for about 2 years. For ¾ of the year I usually do a cold swim or shower or a walk or workout in the early morning with minimal clothes. My body always goes through the initial shock or surprise of the cold but then adjusts after a minute or so. For me, it is one of the best ways to start my day. I instantly feel alive and energized.