Quote of the Day: “I take a freezing cold shower to start every day, and when I can’t take it anymore, I count 20 Mississippi’s. Then I literally walk out of the shower and say, ‘Let’s go.’”- Jesse Itzler
Question of the day: Will you ever know how brave you really are?
CHALLENGE: Exercise until you get a sweat going then immediately after take a cold shower
- Beginner: Exercise for at least 5 minutes then take a 30 second cold shower
- Intermediate: Exercise for at leat 10 minutes then take a 90 second cold shower
- Advanced: Exercise for at least 30 minutes then take a 3 minute cold shower
- Extreme: Exercise for at least 60 minutes then take a 6 minute cold shower
Why do This?
Taking a cold shower improves circulation, relieves depression, keeps skin and hair healthy, and strengthens immunity. It makes you feel fully alive and is also is a great way to wake up and start your day energized.
Exercising benefits: Improve strength, stamina, and mobility. Increase your energy levels and get positive physical results.
Tips and tricks for Success:
- It is easiest to take a cold shower when you are sweaty and hot so work out hard
- Play music or practice deep breathing while in the shower
What I have learned about this challenge:
I love this challenge. This is one of my favorite challenges. I almost always enjoy the exercise portion; however, I don’t always enjoy the idea of taking a cold shower. With that said, I am always glad I took a cold shower as I always feel invigorated and ready to enjoy my day with new-found energy.