Quote of the Day: “The environment is in us, not outside of us. The trees are our lungs, the rivers our bloodstream. We are all interconnected, and what you do to the environment, ultimately you do to yourself.”- Ian Somerhalder
CHALLENGE : For hydration, only drink water and use a reusable water bottle for drinking water
- Beginner: Only drink water and use a reusable water bottle for drinking water for 1 day
- Intermediate: Only drink water and use a reusable water bottle for drinking water for 2 days
- Advanced: Only drink water and use a reusable water bottle for drinking water for 5 days
- Extreme: Only drink water and use a reusable water bottle for drinking water for 14 days
Why do This? It is estimated that there will be more plastic bottles in the ocean than there are fish by 2040. If all of us change our behaviors just a little, then the world will be a better place. Water is also the healthiest fluid for us to drink and has many health benefits.
Tips and tricks for Success:
- Plan ahead and fill up your water bottle before you leave the house.
- When going about your day be aware of where you can refill your water bottle.
- When you are tempted to buy that beverage just remember that you are helping reduce the pollution generated from the manufacturing and transportation of that beverage and its container.
What I have learned about consuming less bottled beverages:
Until recently, I was under the impression that if I put my recycled bottle in the recycle garbage can then it was recycled. It turns out that globally it is estimated that less than 10% of plastic is recycled. The best thing we can do to reduce waste is to buy less. The good news is that this saves us money, improves our health, and helps the planet.