Quote of the Day: “Touch comes before sight, before speech. It is the first language and the last, and it always tells the truth.”― Margaret Atwood
CHALLENGE: Eat your meals blindfolded
- Beginner: Eat one meal blindfolded
- Intermediate: Eat two meals blindfolded
- Advanced: Eat three meals blindfolded
- Extreme: Eat all your food and drink for one day blindfolded
Why do This?
- You will gain a new appreciation for your site
- You will gain a new appreciation for your other senses
- It will be fun, especially if you do it with others
Tips and tricks for Success:
- Don’t use breakable dishes or sharp utensils
- It is most fun if you don’t know the food you are going to eat. If possible, have someone who is not blindfolded serve you a surprise meal.
What I have learned about doing things when I can’t see
I love to hike and trail run at night. When I first turn off my headlamp I usually can’t see in front of me but after a short period of time my eyes adjust, my walking stride adjusts, and my foot plant adjusts. I feel more connected to myself and to nature. Darkness allows me to tap into the power of my other senses.